Learn about how the VHT Callback® cloud instance provides administrators and managers with the ability to add a call me application (widget) to their website.
The call me widget is a standalone application that is embedded into a web page and contains the callback request functionality of the VHT Callback cloud product.
API Keys Tab
The VHT Callback cloud instance uses API keys to identify web pages that are authorized to host the VHT Callback cloud widget on them. Before a widget can be embedded on a web page, an API key must be created.
Consider the following when adding an API Key:
- Identifier- A short name that defines the API key being added.
- Hosts- A list of domains where the widget will be placed.
- Allow Local- Allows the widget to appear in a local HTML file (used for testing the widget).
- Key- System generated key that will be used by the widget for authentication.
Practice it: Learn how to add VHT Callback cloud API keys.
The Applications tab is used to create a callback widget that is placed on a web page. This widget can collect customer metadata for use when whispering information to the agent before they take the customer’s call. Also, a cookie is placed in the customer’s browser when registering a call, which allows the customer to view callback status information when visiting your site again. The Applications tab helps you configure and preview your custom callback widget.
- Choose an Interaction or Call Target – Choose the type of system interaction your widget will be associated with. Also provided is a list of existing Interactions or Call Targets for selection.
- Choose an ApiKey – Provides a list of associated API Keys, created on the API Keys tab.
- Choose a Style – The callback widget can be presented in two ways on your site:
- Modal – Creates a button, with an associated popup message.
- Inline – Places the widget wherever the tag is located within your HTML.
- Choose a Theme – Choose between a default theme provided by the VHT Callback cloud instance, or a custom theme (styled in your website’s CSS).
- Show all Steps – Available for Interaction only. Reveals every step of the interaction at once to the customer.
- Prompt for Phone Number First – Available for Interaction only. The customer will be required to type their phone number at the beginning of the interaction.
- Show preview of ECBT – Displays the current estimated callback time in the widget.
- Auto refresh callback time – This option will refresh the ECBT time as it is updated
- Phone Number Validation – Checks all phone numbers entered into the web widget. Once you set a minimum and maximum number of digits for phone numbers in your region, the Generated Script includes this information.
- Generate Script / Show Widget Code – Reveals the widget code so it can copied into your site’s HTML.
- Display on this page – Allows you to preview your widget configuration.
- Change settings – Allows you to change the settings of your widget after generating the script. Automatically clears the previously-generated script.
Practice it: Learn how to create VHT Callback cloud widgets.
New to the VHT Callback cloud product? Get started here.